Moving your washing machine
Do you want to move your washing machine? Well, moving your washing machine definitely requires some of the items before starting the move:
- Washer locks
- Instructional manual of your washing machine
- Duct tape or packing tape
- Moving blanket
- Slip joint plier
Apart from the thing mentioned, you also need to be fully equipped with the right knowledge on how to start moving your washing machine:
- To start the process, you first need to shut down the water supply of your washing machine. Then, you must cut down the electrical panel of the machine. Unplug the washing machine immediately.
- After these things have already been done, you now need to make use of the slip joint pliers to disconnect the washing machine hoses into the valves of the machine. You may also need to keep bucket handy to catch some of the water that is usually left into the machine hoses.
- You could now remove the drain hoses from the back portion of the machine following the instruction of the manufacturer. You could also install some of the locks. And then, follow some of the steps that are clearly outlined in the manual. The main purpose is to prepare the washing machine from moving.
- You may try to take the electrical cord and lid of the machine. There are some front loading washing machines which automatically lock. Hence, you need to ensure that the machine door is shut off completely.
- Wrap the washing machine inside a moving blanker for the maximum protection against scratches and dents. If you do the moving process yourself, you must be extra careful. This is because the machine might become prone to immediate damages. This is especially if you don’t have the skills and knowledge on how to move it properly.
These are only some of the most important steps on how to move your washing machine. Moving such type of machine requires extra care, time and effort to prevent damages from occurring.
Do it Yourself or Hire for Moving Company?
As far as moving your washing machine is concerned, there are two options you need to consider; whether you want to move it by yourself or just hire a moving company.
If you believe that you have the skills and knowledge on how to move washing machine, then you can do the moving process by yourself. If you don’t know how to start the moving process, you could just seek for the assistance of a professional moving company.
Actually, a moving company has all the skills and knowledge on how to pack your washing machine properly and securely. They also have the tools and equipments needed in the moving process.
If you choose to move your washing machine from your old property to a new one, choose either moving it by yourself or hiring a moving company service provider. Both ways can give you safe, immediate and convenient moving experience.
A washing machine is a valuable item that needs to be taken good care of every time you move. Hence, it is always best to choose the best moving options suited for your washing machine.